We have a School Travel Plan to help us:
- To continuously assess ideas and investigate new options for sustainable transport; involving pupils and parents in the concept and promotions; eg. Walking bus.
- To reduce the number of car journeys to school by encouraging parents and children to adopt alternative sustainable transport. This will reduce congestion and parking outside the school.
- To increase the number of children walking/scooting/cycling for the morning journeys.
- To work with the Hertfordshire Council Highways and local residents to ensure that the village is a safe place for parents and children to walk/cycle to and from school.
- To encourage parents and children to consider the healthy choice of transport to school.
- To improve the children’s knowledge of personal safety when walking and cycling e.g. Teaching Road safety, Walk Safe and Bikeability.
- To incorporate the School Travel Plan into the School Development Plan.
- To improve access to the school for parents dropping off and collecting their children.
- To encourage staff to consider more sustainable transport where possible (this may be difficult as many staff live far from the school).